Knock Knock....Part II

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

With Steve headed out of town on Sunday for work it was up to Brittney, Jason and myself to find things to get into. First though we need our breakfast...enter Gibson's Doughnuts. Brittney and Jason were nice enough to go get them for us while Steve and I finished packing him up. Unfortunately I don't have a picture to add for them because they went quick and were very big.

One thing I have wanted to do since getting down here was check out Beale Street. Steve has never really expressed any interest and has been down there for work.  With that being said we went after we dropped Steve off at the Memphis airport. It was early enough in the morning that there wasn't really anyone down there, so we took our time and checked out the menus of a couple of the restaurants and stopped at some of the souvenir shops for a magnet and shot glass. The FedEx Forum is also down off beale. Aren't the little balls around it cute?
We didn't eat on Beale. We are saving our Beale trip for next time when Steve takes us all to Rendezous. This isn't because the food didn't look good or smell good (my mouth is watering just remembering some of the food served on Beale); But we had some shopping to do as well as catch a football game. 

For lunch I took them to a restaurant Steve and I had been wanting to go to. I know this will be a frequent haunt for Steve and I. Since we left Ohio Steve has been looking for something to take the place of Winking Lizard. Last year he did the world tour of beers at Winking Lizard with some amazing friends including Jason. When we FINALY (remember I'm still new to driving around down here so I don't always know if I should turn right or left...hahaha) got to The Flying Saucer I got a stamp of approval from Jason. Look at this bar...

I know what your thinking...and yes when you come to visit we will take you too. Not into beer? me either so when I say I'll go back you know its not just pup food. Brittney and I split a saucer (their pizza) with Avocado, Bacon and Tomato as well as some Spinach and Artichoke dip and loved it. Jason got a burger of some sort and he also got a pint of Straight to ale Lilly Flagg milk stout.
Something that the Flying Saucer does that I really applaud is the way they serve the beer. They promise to not allow their customers to purchase more than an average of two pints per hour, and no one will be permitted to consume more than six pints per visit. NO ONE should drink and drive and this makes me feel a lot.

We went home to watch the football game (Ravens vs. Patriots) and to get ready for the next round of food. Corkys is right up the street from our place so it wasn't to far, and it was more BBQ for Jason to sink his teeth in. I like to get the BBQ Pork Nacho's. Corkys was the first BBQ place Steve and I tried when we came to Memphis and helped us discover we like dry rub better then wet. Brittney got the Bar-B-Q Pork Dinner that said she was going to get a half pound of pulled pork...there is no way that was a half pound...it looked closer to a pound and a half. Jason fallowed me and got the nacho's but feel in love with their dried spices. 
To finish up the night of course we went to YOLO!!! I love that place and can't wait to show our next visitors!!!

I hope you didn't find these post to drawn out. I really like to keep you all in the loop with whats going on with Steve and I and with us having friends/family coming down over then next couple of months I hope to share these visits too. Is there anything you would like to see on here? I'm very open to adding other tid bits of our lives to share with you... please leave us a comment with what you'd like to see in the up coming post.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Where's the post about last weekend? lol. Love you!