Getting Organized

October 10, 2013

First I want to say thank you to everyone who has reached out to the hubs and I and sending your prayers for us after the loss of our baby. We are both OK and looking forward to the future.

With my new found energy I have been going through boxes from our move again. You think after living here for over a year we would be unpacked but naw why do that? This past Saturday I was able to go through 3 cardboard boxes and one of the large rubbermaid totes of paper and shred the majority of it in just a few 5 hours. (The Buckeyes were playing latter that night or this wold have been held off till Sunday.)

Now the fun part began, organizing all of our papers into this nice little filing chest.
filling chest
Most people would stop at this but I'm a sucker for organizing files over and over again till I can't no more. One of the questions I had myself was how long should I these documents for? After some research I stumbled upon the answer to that age old dilemma of keep, shred, store in a safety deposit box.

 For those wondering what I deem file-able 401k Statements; Bank Statements; Credit Card Statements; Utility Bills; Mortgage Statements; Rental Agreements/Apartment correspondence; and Insurance for life, car, home, health, and dental.

If you have ever worked with me or seen my decisions in office supplies you know that I LOVE to have colorful everything to make things less mundane. Needless to say this black box isn't cutting it for my colorful side. I will keep it and find another use for it but for right now I'm headed in a different direction. I searched pinterest to see how others like to organize their bills and am trying to adapt it to what would work best for me. I'm hoping mine will look something like this or this. Do you see the common theme there? COLORFUL

The supply list I have gathered so far: Pencil, Pens 1 1/2" Binder, 3-Hole Punch, Binder Pocket, Plastic Tab Dividers, and Sheet Protectors.

In the next couple of days I will have it all put together and organized and share with you the finished product and what works for me. If you have any questions you would like answered please do not hesitate to add it in the comments below.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks Good Brittany! keep going!

Unknown said...

Thank you Sam