Deck the halls with...

December 13, 2013

GLITTER!!!

Hopefully I won't regret this decision when we go to take down and put away everything.

To get ready for this holiday season I started looking on Pinterest to get organized. I love how you can find pretty much anything you might be looking for and more. I came across A Bowl Full of Lemons Holiday Planner. I loved how she had everything in one place and pretty much covered everything. I decided to make my own, it's not as pretty but it will do for now. My favorite page is The Holiday Card List. I'd been looking for the perfect Christmas card since September and narrowed it down to three.1 2 3. I ended up going with number two.


I ordered the cards the week before Thanksgiving and they arrived within a week. Some assembly was required, I had to glue the gold glitter liner paper on the inside of the envelopes. I am very pleased with what we received and was able to get 15% off when I ordered them. To make sure our cards could be enjoyed for the whole holiday season I sent the majority of cards out the day after Thanksgiving.

I love to wrap presents! correct that I love to wrap presents that are in a nice rectangle or square. I have been eyeing this wrapping scheme for quite a bit. I had some kraft wrapping paper left over from the year before but with us not exchanging gifts till after Christmas I didn't think the bits of evergreen would last till then. Instead I still used kraft wrapping paper and was able to buy black ribbon at Michael's and added gold glitter ribbon on top.


Black Friday we bought our Christmas tree at Home Depot. Typically we would buy our tree from a tree farm where we could cut ours down, but I still haven't found one close to us. Our theme for the tree for the last few years have been Penguins with a few sentimental ones thrown in there. This year I've opted to not add any ornaments to the tree but the star on top.I just love the simplicity of it (or I'm just that lazy haha).

Chalk Board DIY inspired by this
Needless to say we are ready for Christmas. How have you been getting ready for this holiday season? Have you ever had a "naked" tree? I would love to hear how you manage all the holiday stress below in the comments. I leave you with my buddy Bailey who was tuckered out after watching me wrap all the presents.


No comments: